Grey skies over London today. A lively reminder that summer has ended and the new week is about to start. Monday blues approaching, but today we shall bake.
Blueberry, chocolate and sour cream cake, what a scrumptious combination for this Sunday afternoon. Fresh coffee brewing, ingredients ready and here we go.
100g Caster sugar
225g Self-rising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
140ml Sour cream
100g White chocolate
1 Lemon zest
200g Cream cheese
100g Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven: fan -160C; conventional – 180C
- Butter and line the base of a round cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, lemon zest and baking powder with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes obtaining a light colour mix.
- Add in 4 tablespoons of soured cream, 100g of blueberries and 100g of white chocolate previously grossly cut.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and spread it level. Bake it for 60 minutes, until it feels firm to the touch and springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes, then remove it from the tin and peel off the paper. Place it on a wire rack and leave it until completely cool.
- Beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar and remaining sour cream, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the mix over the top of the cooled cake and scatter the 90g of blueberries.